Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy considers the 安全 of our children to be a top priority. As an entity within the Episcopal Diocese of Central Florida, we follow all guidelines with respect to Safeguarding God’s Children Training as required by the Episcopal Diocese. All school personnel (teachers, 管理员, staff) complete Safeguarding God’s Children Training in addition to a successfully completing a Level II Criminal Background/Fingerprint screening.
In addition, as required by Florida Statutes Section 1006.061(1)和1006.061(2), we post notices that (1) all employees 和 agents of this school have an affirmative duty to report all actual or suspected cases of child abuse, 放弃, or 忽视 和 (2) the policies 和 procedures for reporting misconduct of instructional personnel, 管理员, 和其他员工.
最后, all school personnel are required to be trained on the 教育伦理 政策及程序 St和ards, 包括:
- their duty to report all actual or suspected cases of child abuse, 放弃, or 忽视,
- their duty 和 legal responsibility to report abuse or professional misconduct affecting the health, 安全, 以及学生的福利, 和
- their immunity from civil liability when reporting such abuse in good faith.
HTEA St和ards of Ethical Conduct (查看PDF) HTEA 不当行为报告 Procedures
HTEA Child 滥用报告 Procedures
All employees have an obligation to report misconduct by instructional personnel 和 school 管理员, 这会影响健康, 安全, 或者学生的福利. Reports of misconduct by any employee should be made to Renee Smith, Executive Director of Human 资源 321-723-8323分机. 302. Reports of misconduct by any administrator should be made to the 校长 321-723-8323分机. 300.
如果你还有信仰的话, 关注, or thought that you have witnessed, 听到, or 听到d about a situation possibly involving abuse, 忽视, 或放弃, 你必须做到以下几点:
- Contact the appropriate school counselor.
- If you cannot reach the student’s school counselor, contact the Head of Lower School, Head of Senior High or Head of Junior High.
- The appropriate person will then discuss the situation with you to ensure that the appropriate reports, 如果有任何, 完成.
If a report is deemed necessary, the staff member (together with the support of the administrator) will be asked to make an oral report to the Florida Abuse Hotline Information System, using the single statewide toll-free telephone number: 1-800-96-ABUSE (1-800-962-2873).
An employee’s failure to report cases of misconduct or abuse carries a penalty up to 和 including termination. Protection for those who report abuse are described in Florida Statutes 39.203和768.095.